Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Todaysmeet: temporary chatroom for students





Hi, we've decided to venture off with our own blogs! Please go to teachitivity.blogspot.com to find my new posts. See you there. 
















An amazing friend and teacher introduced me to Todaysmeet a couple months back. It is a temporary chatroom that you can set up in about 5 seconds and schedule it to be deleted in a couple weeks. I used it this year when my students first started learning about historical fiction. After a few lessons on features of historical fiction, students created their own character from the Great Depression time period. The students used Todaysmeet to role-play their character and create a chatroom environment that would resemble the 1930s. I made a self-assessment handout to go along with it. Download it for free here. This was such an easy and fun lesson to do. The kids didn't want to stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment