Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Writing from a List

Hi, we've decided to venture off with our own blogs! Please go to teachitivity.blogspot.com to find my new posts. See you there. 

Writers write from a list to generate ideas or to gather out thoughts. I love Aimee Buckner's book, Notebook Know How. It is the way I launch writing workshop. Here is the anchor chart my students and I created for this particular writing strategy. This is one of my favorites because it can serve multiple purposes. Students love writing lists and the possibilities are endless. I love to also refer to the lists when my students are convinced they have nothing to write about. As they write more lists,it's fun to watch their lists develop and become more specific to them. Yay for lists!!

No comments:

Post a Comment