Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Facebook status update

IHi, we've decided to venture off with our own blogs! Please go to teachitivity.blogspot.com to find my new posts. See you there. 

 love Heather's twitter board and decided to do a Facebook status board in my class! My uses are similar to Heather's aside from the IB objectives since we aren't IB here.
Purposes:
- see what lessons made the most impact.
- pre/post assessment
- another avenue to talk about their reading and writing
-to teach word choice and sentence structure
- way to celebrate accomplishments
- inform others of what we are learning in class

My favorite moment was when one of my students shared that her second eraser from her locker went missing or possibly stolen today. Instead of bugging me or others about it, she decided to inform her struggle through her "halebook" status. She felt that the Facebook status was her safest place to express her thoughts because there was a large audience who would read and react to it. Made my day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment